Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

2008 * PG13 * Action/Adventure
Harrison Ford * Shia LaBeouf * Cate Blanchett

I LOVE the Indiana Jones series. I think every guy wants to be Dr. Jones (this is fun to say in your best Short Round voice) or know a guy like Dr. Jones. It had been 20 plus years since the last Indiana Jones movie, so all true fans were frothing at the mouth in anticipation. All that being said, this movie was ok. I loved seeing the fedora, the jacket and the whip again. It was adventurous for sure, but a little too over the top--a little too crazy for my taste. If cats have nine lives, Indiana had 33 lives in this one. There were some definite fun moments with Harrison Ford's dry sense of humor. The acting is probably sub-par as a whole, especially from the usually brilliant Blanchett. She clearly under delivers. If you're only seeing this movie because of LeBeouf, then you're probably under the age of 25, and I strongly urge you to go watch the first three Indiana Jones movies. You'll be glad you did. NOTE: I did see this movie on opening night at midnight. I had previously sworn off this practice after SpiderMan 3. Nonetheless, I had a great time watching this film with a friend very late at night. If you've never done this, c'mon live a little.

No comments: