Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Stop-Loss

2008 * R * Drama
Ryan Phillipe * Channing Tatum * Joseph Gordon-Levitt

OK, MTV, I get it. Very subtle. We all get that you are against the war, that you hate the government, and that President Bush is the source of all that is wrong in the world. That doesn't mean that you have the right to make a terrible movie about all of this. When I say this movie was terrible, I mean this movie makes Gigli look like Schindler's List. These "actors" better thank God that somebody thinks they're attractive, because they certainly cannot act. I dare say that I won't see a movie with any of the primary actors in this film. The movie starts with the most ridiculously poor military tactic I've ever seen. Its so poor, its asinine to think anyone in the military has ever actually done it. All it does is make our main "hero" look like an ignorant fool. The movie gets worse from here. Here's a thought: When people in the theater are acting up around you, what recourse do you actually have? My friend and I were disturbed throughout this whole movie by talking (I mean 30-40 mins worth), fidgeting, throwing popcorn on us, etc. What can we do? We gave them the look. Then came the popcorn. We asked them to be quiet. But what then? Leave? Why should I leave because they're jerks. Go get an employee? This just stinks. I have a dream to open a private theater that would act like a gym membership. I think this may keep the riff-raff out. Back to the movie, oh who am I kidding, it was terrible. The End.

No comments: