Tuesday, April 1, 2008

21

2008 * R * Action/Drama
Jim Sturgess * Kate Bosworth * Kevin Spacey

This was a pretty good movie. It is based on a true story and was a fantastic book entitled 'Bringing Down the House.' A group of brilliant MIT students learn to count cards in order to win big money on the Las Vegas black jack tables. The system, structure and shear brain power these people have is amazing. Its fascinating to read or watch unfold. I have never heard of nor noticed Sturgess before, but he did a really good job in the lead role. Spacey was his usual brilliant self. Laurence Fishburne plays an equally strong character that is fun to hate. There is nothing truly special here, but its a good Friday night popcorn flick. I may be rating this movie too high, but remember, I just saw Stop-loss.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Hey! Have you seen leatherheads yet? When you do, post me a review, because it's the only thing I've seen advertised lately that I think even looks REMOTELY interesting!! However, we NEVER get to go to the movies, so if we do, I don't want to waste the trip ona bad movie!!

Love, Betsy