Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Never Back Down

2008 * PG-13 * Action/Adventure
Sean Faris * Amber Heard * Cam Gigandet

This movie was poor. I know what you're thinking. 'No kidding, it was poor. We saw the preview.' I did too, and I was bored. This movie is this generation's Karate Kid. I feel sorry for this generation. The Karate Kid should have won an Oscar when compared to this movie. When I say this movie was like the Karate Kid, I mean the exact same plot points. You doubt me? (Spoiler Alert!) Listen to this: kid moves to new town, kid is soon beat up by classmates who like to fight, boy begins to train with foreign master, who by the way doesn't want him to fight outside the gym, kid likes girl even though he shouldn't stand a chance because said girl is involved or has a history with kid's main rival, there's a tournament that will finally settle the score, kid and rival fight, kid wins and get the girl. Sound familiar? As an avid mixed martial arts fan, I was also disappointed. Does Hollywood or mainstream America really believe MMA is only for crazy people with mohawks? Do they think that a MMA fight on concrete is really feasible. C'mon America. Catch up with the beauty that is MMA! Please don't judge me for seeing this movie.

No comments: