Saturday, March 15, 2008

Doomsday

2008 - R - Action/Sci-Fi
Rhona Mitra * Bob Hoskins

This movie is not for the faint of heart! To say this movie is gory is a major understatement. This movie is Mad Max meets Outbreak meets punk rock! As far as evaluating this movie goes, all I can say is, it is interesting. Personally, I kind of enjoyed this bizarre, post-apocalyptic type film. I willingly admit that most people will not prefer this movie. Rhona Mitra plays an elite, combat police officer in the year 2035. A virus is destroying the city, and she has to enter a previously quarantined area in search of a vaccine. She does a pretty good job, especially considering most people only know her from the TV show Boston Legal. This movie had so much potential but didn't really deliver on that. As a good friend who was with me said, "Its like this movie was directed by two different people." I have to agree. Just when you kind of settle in to what this movie is, there is a major change that I don't think anybody is expecting. Question to ponder: When did fast moving, dizzying camera work equal good fight scenes?

No comments: