Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Horton Hears a Who!

2008 * G * Animated/Comedy
Jim Carrey * Steve Carell * Carol Burnett

I was never actually interested in this movie. I am not really an animation type of guy. Plus, I don't get Dr. Seuss. Why so popular? Alas, my mother, who I wanted to treat to a movie, really wanted to see this movie. That being said, during the movie, I was never quite interested. It didn't do anything to draw me in. I think it was a good movie with big stars doing solid voice over work, but I never was moved to think or feel anything during the 90 minutes it took to watch. All of this being said, there is something to be in a theatre with LOTS of little kids laughing and giggling. It was also quite something to see my mom look at the other moms who brought their "little babies" to the movie when she was so proud and glad to be doing the same thing with her 30-something baby. It was well worth my time!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Hey, Matt! Way to go on the blog!! Welcome to the "blog-o-sphere"!! ha ha!

I too, was "under-whelmed" by this movie. Took 4 kids to see it on Saturday. They enjoyed it. I honestly had to work at not falling asleep. And I generally DO like animated movies. The middle section was just a "yawn" fest.

I'm going to put you on my blog as a link - hope that's OK - It will just make it easier for me to find your site.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Seuss is classic, i forgot how much that guy packed into such simple storylines... they didn't add much to the original story either except for the usual Jim Carreyisms.